Political Musical Humor
amIright is a website devoted to writing humorous lyrics about American political history.Those who cannot make fun of the past are condemned to hear their teacher sing about it. - ChuckyG
It is our hope, that by providing humourous interpretations of popular music detailing events from American history that students will be able to more quickly learn the material. A great example of this is the School House Rock series of cartoons that were shot in the 1970s for ABC.
Music News and amIright Events
Here's the latest news about what's going on in amIright land.
- All content on amIright that dealt with non-historical material has been erased.
- Submissions will be eligable for class credit
- The CAPITOL STEPS will be recording a winner from our recent political parties contest!
Latest Song Parody Lyrics
These parodies were submitted in the past two weeks. The theme for this round was Obsolete Political Parodies, and the contest ended March 27. The winner of the amazon gift card will be announced April 2nd.
- "Nullifier Party" by Red Ant
a parody of "Paralyzer" by Finger Eleven
- "Vegetarian Party" by Ethan Mawyer
a parody of "Yellow Submarine" by The Beatles
- "We Know Nothing" by Max Power
a parody of "Who's That Lady" by Isley Brothers
- "I'm A Populist" by Dylan Baranski
a parody of "I'm a Vocoder" by Guy Cat Park
- "I'm Whig" by Rex Ungericht
a parody of "I'm Free" by Kenny Loggins
- "Good Friend Lincoln" by Invisible Boy
a parody of "Hot Rod Lincoln" by Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen
- "American Nazi Party" by Matthias
a parody of "Army" by Ben Folds Five
- "The Greenback Party" by Phil Alexander
a parody of "The Folk Song Army" by Tom Lehrer